This is still a question for me. I have recently read again Martins Fowler article "Mocks aren't stubs" and then read Emily baches articles "tell dont ask".
One of things Emily mentions which I have experimented is the fact of not writen gold-plating code. It happens recently while developing the comparator. I have started developing the core classs "Comparator". I had to constantly remember myself that this class will not be called in certain way because the button in the UI will be disabled if, for example, both policies are not entered.
So I definetely see an advantage of working outside in from the requirements and write just the code that does the job.
One of things Emily mentions which I have experimented is the fact of not writen gold-plating code. It happens recently while developing the comparator. I have started developing the core classs "Comparator". I had to constantly remember myself that this class will not be called in certain way because the button in the UI will be disabled if, for example, both policies are not entered.
So I definetely see an advantage of working outside in from the requirements and write just the code that does the job.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario